Boroughs in Montgomery County
- East Greenville
- Green Lane
- Red Hill
Townships in Montgomery County
- Lower Frederick
- Lower Pottsgrove
- Lower Salford
- New Hanover
- Upper Frederick
- Upper Hanover
- Upper Pottsgrove
- Upper Salford
- West Pottsgrove
Electronics Program for Montgomery County
Due to forces beyond the County’s control, Montgomery County will not be able to hold electronics collection events in 2015. Although state law requires electronics manufacturers to offer recycling opportunities for TVs and computers, those manufacturers are no longer sponsoring county recycling collections in the Southeastern Pennsylvania region. Concern about the lack of county collection events should be directed to the appropriate State Representative and Senator. An amendment to the state electronics recycling law, called the Covered Device Recycling Act, is needed to ensure the availability of recycling outlets. For an overview of the Covered Device Recycling Act please click here.
The following municipalities offer an electronics drop off for residents only:
• Lower Merion (computers only, NO TVs or monitors)
• Norristown (closed temporarily)
• Municipalities will sometimes hold electronics collections for their residents. Check with your municipality for dates.
• If you need to have your TV picked up, you can call Whitetail Disposal to come to your home. Additional fees may apply.
Links to Neighboring Counties Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Recycling Programs:
What to Expect at Program Events
- A total of five household hazardous waste (HHW) events will be held at different locations throughout the county on specified days between the months of April and October.
- All collection events will accept HHW only.
- All collection events will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- There is no dedicated drop off facility in Montgomery County that accepts Household Hazardous Waste. If you cannot attend a county collection event, please consider asking a friend or neighbor to take the items to the event for proper disposal.
- On event days, directional signs and volunteers will help the public navigate to the correct entrance of the event and into line.
- On a typical event, the wait time should be no longer than 30 minutes.
- Please note that latex paint is not hazardous waste and should not be brought to the collection events.
- Survey takers will ask you a few short questions while you are in line for the collection to find out which municipality you live in and how you found out about the event.
- Please stay in your car for safety reasons and unlock the trunk or any doors necessary to access materials for removal. Event staff will remove your materials and direct you to the exit.
Available to Residents Only
This program is a community service to the residents of Montgomery County and the four Southeastern Pennsylvania County Region (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Philadelphia counties) only and is not open to businesses, institutions, or industry.
Links to Neighboring Counties Household Hazardous Waste Recycling Programs:
About the Program
The counties of Bucks, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery and the City of Philadelphia continue to partner together to host approximately 30 HHW events every year.
The regional partnership allows residents of each county the opportunity to attend any of the events hosted in the region. It also allows the five-county region to acquire the best possible price per pound, which in turn, saves valuable taxpayer dollars. In 2010, this regional partnership collected close to 3 million pounds of HHW, of which Montgomery County accounted for about 1 million of that total alone.
For more details about the program, please download the HHW Program Historical Overview.